- branding and identity
- cars and bikes
- comics and manga
- event design
- graphic design
- interior design
- performing arts
- popular culture
- product design
- sound art
- street art
- writings and theory
- Feb 16, 2018 Selling the Sin Sector Monocle interviews the editor of TASCHEN’s 20th Century Alcohol and Tobacco Ads
- Dec 21, 2017 Our favourite books of 2017 A selection of Books at Manic's favourite books of 2017
- Oct 18, 2017 Translation of Vogliamo Tutto winner of top US translation award Matt Holden, translator of Vogliamo tutto: we want everything by Nanni Balestrini, has been awarded the American Literary Translators Association's 2017 Italian Prose in Translation Award.
- Sep 21, 2017 Celebrate the Sydney Architecture Festival with these books Discover Sydney's finest buildings with Brutalist Architecture Guide Maps and Footpath Guides.
- Aug 26, 2017 Forthcoming Hyphen Press book to be their last Richard Hollis: Designs for the Whitechapel is the last title from London-based design and typography publisher Hyphen Press.
Translation of Vogliamo Tutto winner of top US translation award
Oct 18, 2017
Matt Holden, translator of Vogliamo Tutto: we want everything ($23.95, ISBN 9780992458706) by Nanni Balestrini, has been awarded the American Literary Translators Association's 2017 Italian Prose in Translation Award. The prestigious award recognises the importance of contemporary Italian prose, and the translation of Italian works into English. Last year's winner was Ann Goldstein for her translation of The Story of the Lost Child by Elena Ferrante.
Congratulations to the other nominees, they were:
- Distant Light by Antonio Morescu, translated by Richard Dixon
- Eva Sleeps by Francesca Melandri, translated by Katherine Gregor
- Primo Levi's Resistance: Rebels and Collaborators in Occupied Italy by Sergio Luzzatto, translated by Frederika Randall
This important novel was published in 1971 and had not been available in English until Matt's translation was published in Australia by Telephone Publishing in 2014. Verso published UK and US editions in 2016.