- branding and identity
- cars and bikes
- comics and manga
- event design
- graphic design
- interior design
- performing arts
- popular culture
- product design
- sound art
- street art
- writings and theory
- Dec 21, 2018 Staff Picks: Our favourite books of 2018 Books at Manic staff pick their favourite books of 2018.
- Jul 27, 2018 Come visit us at The Big Design Trade in Melbourne, 2-4 August We are pleased to be showing and selling books, stationery, and gift items at The Big Design Trade.
- May 25, 2018 The Footpath Guides on ABC TV The Mix and ABC News A tour of some architectural highlights from the Melbourne and Sydney guides
- May 4, 2018 Books at Manic Warehouse Sale 11-13 May Come along to our warehouse sale
- May 4, 2018 Nancy Borowick at Head On Photo Festival Great books on artists exhibiting at Head On Photo Festival in Sydney from 5-20 May
Translation of Vogliamo Tutto winner of top US translation award
Oct 18, 2017
Matt Holden, translator of Vogliamo Tutto: we want everything ($23.95, ISBN 9780992458706) by Nanni Balestrini, has been awarded the American Literary Translators Association's 2017 Italian Prose in Translation Award. The prestigious award recognises the importance of contemporary Italian prose, and the translation of Italian works into English. Last year's winner was Ann Goldstein for her translation of The Story of the Lost Child by Elena Ferrante.
Congratulations to the other nominees, they were:
- Distant Light by Antonio Morescu, translated by Richard Dixon
- Eva Sleeps by Francesca Melandri, translated by Katherine Gregor
- Primo Levi's Resistance: Rebels and Collaborators in Occupied Italy by Sergio Luzzatto, translated by Frederika Randall
This important novel was published in 1971 and had not been available in English until Matt's translation was published in Australia by Telephone Publishing in 2014. Verso published UK and US editions in 2016.