- branding and identity
- cars and bikes
- comics and manga
- event design
- graphic design
- interior design
- performing arts
- popular culture
- product design
- sound art
- street art
- writings and theory
- May 10, 2019 Books at Manic Warehouse Sale 17-19 May Come along to our book sale. More than 50% off books on art, architecture, design, photography, graphic design, kids, and more.
- Mar 8, 2019 Come visit us at Melbourne Art Book Fair 2019 We are pleased to be showing our books at Melbourne Art Book Fair at the National Gallery of Victoria from 15-17 March.
- Dec 21, 2018 Staff Picks: Our favourite books of 2018 Books at Manic staff pick their favourite books of 2018.
- Jul 27, 2018 Come visit us at The Big Design Trade in Melbourne, 2-4 August We are pleased to be showing and selling books, stationery, and gift items at The Big Design Trade.
- May 25, 2018 The Footpath Guides on ABC TV The Mix and ABC News A tour of some architectural highlights from the Melbourne and Sydney guides
The Footpath Guides on ABC TV The Mix and ABC News
May 25, 2018
The Footpath Guides were featured last weekend (Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th) on ABC TV The Mix and ABC News. Watch the segment here.
Co-creator of Footpath Guides Jacques Sheard takes presenter Lisa Skerrett on a guided walk of highlights from the Melbourne and Sydney guides.
Buildings featured in the segment include Hosies Hotel, ICI Building, and State Library of Victoria in Melbourne; and Water Sewerage Board, Rocks Police Station, The Rocks, and Masonic Centre in Sydney. We're expecting this to promote renewed interest in the guides.
The Footpath Guides are a series of six, pocket-sized walking guides covering notable architecture examples from different eras. The Melbourne guides include St Kilda 1850-1960, Joseph Read 1850-1890, and Mid-Century Modern 1950-1970. The Sydney guides include The Rocks 1815-1950, Inter-War 1915-1940, and Modern 1950-1990. The guides are also available in a box set.